Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Saturday, June 6, 2009

ATV Sport Reviews Kriega Hydro-3 at Glamis




Jerrod Kelley
ATV Sport

As I’ve climbed closer to the “middle age” mark, I’ve come to realize I like to wear a backpack while I’m riding. Not only can I stuff a water bottle or two inside it, but a pack is good for carrying an extra set of goggles and gloves and snacks. However, some packs I’ve worn are uncomfortable and dig in to my armpits, making me wonder why I even wore the darn thing.

I recently tested the Kriega Hydro-3 pack and was pleasantly surprised. The unique Quadloc LITE Harness System is amazing. Unlike normal packs and other hydration bags, this harness offers unmatched comfort. The adjustable back and strap holders offer both an ideal fit and eliminate loose straps (which can act like mini whips when speeds exceed 50 mph — crack!). Kriega says the pack offers “total arm freedom.”

You have to wear it to believe it, but it’s true. It saves your pits from being rubbed raw and prevents the pack from dancing around on your back when riding hard. This “race-spec” pack offers a perfect design for a woods or desert racer.

To secure the harness, adjust the straps to fit you and then insert one push-button buckle and that’s it. A removable waist strap offers an even better fit and impressive stability. I had trouble with the circular buckle in the Glamis dunes as the sand made it difficult to open and close, but that’s about all I can find wrong with the Kriega.

Inside the Hydro-3 is a 3-liter Hydrapak reservoir and one liter of storage. I love the Hydrapak design and ease of cleaning.



The black outer shell has a high-visibility front and back and the pack comes with a 10-year guarantee. One pack for the next decade of riding sounds like a great purchase to me. For those who need more storage, Kriega has optional strap-on 5- and 10-liter dry packs.

This review can be seen on ATV Sport website

No comments:

Post a Comment